When starting to repair a house or apartment, people very often wonder whether to use the services of an architectural company. Sometimes it seems that any of us can plan the interior design of the house, easily calculate the amount of materials and time required, make an estimate for construction work, and so on. In some cases, it is quite difficult for a layman to do such work, especially if it is a complete or partial redevelopment of housing. If you are not sure of your own strength, it is better to ask for help from an architectural company.
By hiring a designer, you not only hire a person who comes up with the appearance of the room, but also a professional who understands the architectural features of the design. In addition, each designer has experience, certain contacts and knowledge in the industry. These professionals have access to resources designed only for trading with architectural companies such as furniture suppliers, retailers and professional workers, which means that you can buy goods and services at reduced prices.
Turnkey interior design
There is a stereotype that it is not necessary to resort to the help of interior designers, as in the end it will only lead to unnecessary expenses. In fact, there are at least seven reasons to hire an architectural company to design your home:
- Stylish and functional design – the skills of an interior designer are holistic and include not only furniture placement, individual design and interior selection, but also the creation of a practical and functional space that will meet the needs and requirements of the client.
- Saving money – at first glance, this statement may seem illogical. But by engaging professional services at an early stage, it will be possible to avoid expensive mistakes and make an accurate estimate. It is worth clarifying the amount of payment for the designer, as well as your own budget at the stage of signing the contract to avoid surprises. In case you have a fixed budget, a professional designer will be able to profitably distribute your expenses and at the same time get the maximum result. Specialists will help you choose timeless elegant things that will not need to be changed in a few years, which will eventually save both money and time.
- Time saving – hiring an interior designer can not only save money, but also a huge amount of time. If you have a busy work or home schedule, then you can’t do without the services of an architectural company. Depending on the agreed services, the designer can research products, prices, organize delivery and control the repair process, and anticipate obstacles before they occur. Such a turnkey interior design will be your best experience related to repairs.
- Preparation and planning – the presence of a reliable, well-thought-out and professional plan will be valuable during unforeseen situations. With a finished project, it is much easier to perform construction work, and repair specialists do not need to waste time developing a work plan. In addition, it is much easier to allocate a budget with a specific scheme. In this way, again, you save time, money and nerves.
- Less stress – for anyone who has never faced repairs and redevelopments in a house or apartment, a huge number of obligations and nuances associated with this process can become a shock. Decision fatigue is a common reaction, and having an interior designer on your side can be a real advantage. The designer’s services offered range from simple tips and instructions to complete interior design and technical specifications of your home, as well as a schedule of finishing and purchasing products and project management for you. Find out what’s right for you, both given the scale of the project and the time you can invest in person – and this will definitely relieve the logistics stress.
- Wow factor – one of the most important reasons for hiring an interior designer – is their ability to give any space the “wow” effect it lacked. Designers and architects are taught to think differently, look at the space as a whole and see a wider picture that customers often cannot see. Thinking creatively is the skill that designers bring to every work, bringing your desires and dreams into a truly spectacularly decorated room.
- Safety – repairs, as well as redevelopment of a house or apartment, should be properly designed and carried out under strict control of specialists. If you want to eliminate one of the walls in the housing, for example, to connect the kitchen and living room, you should take into account the importance of this partition for the construction of the house. Even slight damage to the integrity of the load-bearing wall can lead to the collapse of the house. Another danger is hidden by working with electricity or gas installations. In order to be one hundred percent confident in the safety of this type of work, it is worth hiring specialists from an architectural company.
Design of house and cottages in Lviv
Interior design in Lviv requires special knowledge and skills. Only professionals can design a redevelopment in an old house correctly. If you have made a rational choice and decided to use the services of an architectural company, the first thing you need to do is to agree on the interior design of the apartment, estimate and time frame.
You probably have already got some thoughts or a clear idea of what your house should look like after the renovation. Even then, you need to listen to the designer’s advice, although the final result may differ from what you have already imagined. It is necessary to focus on the goals and needs of the residents of the house, not on the way it looks like. This guarantees the maximum possible functionality of the room.
House design and development takes a lot of time. Before talking to a specialist, it is worth making a list of wishes that he/she should take into account when creating an interior design. Perhaps it is an additional lounge, a bathroom and dressing room for the bedroom or an open-plan kitchen-dining room with glazed doors that overlook the garden. Such global changes to the house plan must be reported in advance.
You will usually instruct your architect when you meet. After that, you will agree on the final design, timing and budget. You’ll also discuss the payment schedule.
After the meeting, the architect or designer should provide you with a detailed repair plan in writing. If a project is complex, it can take up many pages. It should include:
- a detailed plan of the work;
- budget estimates;
- a preliminary work program;
- detailed information about fees and payment schedules;
- detailed information on what costs and expenses will be charged;
- whether you’ll need a redevelopment permit;
- whether the services of the designer and architect will include providing the information necessary to comply with building codes;
Apartments design in Lviv
The design of the apartments in Lviv, its layout and work should be carried out only by a trusted company. When choosing an architectural company, you need to focus on the best enterprises on the market. To choose the right specialists, pay attention to:
- portfolio – each serious architectural company must specify which buildings they have designed, it can be a list or images of works, usually they are published on the website;
- reviews of previous customers – an assessment of the work of a particular bureau by customers can be posted on the company’s website, or it can be found by specifying the phrase “company reviews” in the search box. Thus, you will be able to see the overall characteristics of cooperation with the company;
- style – each designer has his/her own “handwriting”, evaluate the designer’s preferences in the design of the premises and decide whether his/her style and manner suit you;
- work experience – the more experience the company has, the more likely it is that specialists working in it will be able to find an individual approach to customers and offer the best design solutions.
Ordering the interior design of the apartment is necessary in order to get only good experience from the renovation process and to fully enjoy the result.
Cooperation with the architectural bureau will certainly bring positive results. Designer renovation, stylish design of housing and its functionality are not all the benefits you get.